Saturday, May 8, 2010

More Lessons Learned and Things Enjoyed

"This was just a great trip for me. It will hold a special place in my heart as it was kind of the end of a chapter for the Crash, with Ty being done and myself on the way out as interim whatever for the Crash. It was a great summation of my hearts desire: to see young people passionately serving each other and those in the global church. There is nothing greater than to see those you have served get what you've been trying to get across to them and to see them practically playing that out in their lives and encouraging that same in those around them. Amen and amen." -Jeremy Fong, staff member

"I think the most memorable part for me was sitting by the creek and singing worship. But the most amazing part of it was the fact that people would sit with me and join in worship. That was my favorite part of Kentucky." -Ryan McDonald

"Throughout the trip I saw the classic example of how "iron sharpens iron." From Proverbs 27:17. Although I've heard this before I never experienced it in real life as much as I did in Kentucky. Everyone at my work sight encouraged one another which all helped us accomplish our goals. Whenever I would feel like giving up on something or thought my work wasn't good enough, someone was always there instilling confidence in me and telling me how great of a job I was doing.
Another lesson I learned was that I can’t do everything by myself. Having worked in construction before, I thought going into this trip I would just do most of the work myself because it would probably be done better and more efficiently than someone who’s never had experience. Obviously, I was wrong. I needed someone there to help me. I couldn’t do it all on my own. That’s when I felt God speak to me. Lately I have been asking God what I should do with my life and what college I should attend. The problem was I thought I could do it on my own. I didn’t think I would need my parent’s advice and knowledge. I was wrong yet again. God puts people in your life to help you answer the hard questions and I didn’t see it. Thanks to this trip I have learned so much more about what it means to be a Christian." -Ben Globke

"What I loved about Kentucky was the bond everyone had with each other. Everyone seemed to be getting along well with others and it was really cool seeing that. Also i love the time of worship we had each night, just a simple guitar a voices makes worship so good and wonderful. Most of all i loved helping the two familys. I love how just a couple of ordinary kids will give up their break to help people in need for God's glory! The trip made me want to go out and help others in need more often." -Danny LaBelle

"I loved how easily we all got along, our whole team clicked right away. It was really cool that we could be doing the boring work like picking up trash on the side of the road but still be having a great time because we loved being with each other." -Lauren Nagle

No comments:

Post a Comment